The well designed task-ware website that I chose to sketch is Asana (https://app.asana.com/). It is a free project management web application that I just started using this week. The task I sketched out was the addition of a new project and a new task within that project. There were only 4 page transitions in this task.
Why this design works well…
- White space within the project/task window makes the lists look less cluttered. Which is important for a project management application to ensure the user does not feel overwhelmed.
- Navigation bar on the left is where all of the important tools/links are, which are called to my attention by being highlighted with a darker colour
- Sans-serif font used within the website makes for easy reading
- Use of rule helps me to understand the layout of the website
- Buttons are obvious by ensuring they are either a filled in or outlined in a contrasting colour to the background
- Iconography is consistent, which makes it easy to determine what attributes are connected to a certain project at any point in my navigation