The terribly designed brochure-ware website I decided to re-work was actually for my mothers small business called Tips ProShop (a billiard retailing and servicing company). Below is my newly designed sketch and a screenshot of the original home page.
Webpage URL: https://www.tipsproshop.ca
This Design works well because…
- Relevant graphics and cohesive graphics are incorporated into design
- Hierarchy is clear in design in order to highlight important information
- The navigation bar is situated in an area on the page that is considered industry standard
- Buttons are shaded in order to call attention to them
- The text is organized into columns that are narrow enough for the user to read them without feeling cramped